Sony PDW-800 / PDW-F800 Professional XDCAM HD Camera
The new PDWF800 camcorder offers multi-format recording flexibility - including PAL SD and PAL HD at both 1080/50i and 1080/25p.
Sony's top-of-the-line XDCAM HD422 camcorder is equipped with three 2/3-inch type CCDs and a “Power HAD FX” progressive CCD with 1920 x 1080 effective pixels. Stunning-quality HD images can be captured by this high-resolution CCD and advanced digital signal.
On top of the exceptional technology, the PDW800 offers very high quality HD recording at a data rate of up to 50Mbps using the MPEG-2 4:2:2P@HL compression. It also provides multi-format recording flexibility including 1080i, 720P and SD, which comes with HD/SD conversion and cross conversion between 1080i and 720P. With features such as Slow & Quick Motion (over-crank and under-crank recording) make the PDW-F800 ideal for cinema and TV drama productions, as wel as ENG applications. Sony's top-of-the-line XDCAM HD422 Series is being embraced around the world for its file-based recording capability utilizing high-capacity and highly reliable Professional Disc media. Thanks to its newly developed MPEG HD422 codec, the XDCAM HD422 Series provides high-quality video and audio recording capabilities, with an image resolution of 1920 x 1080 and eight-channel 24-bit uncompressed audio.
The PDW-F800 camcorder builds on the features of the PDW-700 camcorder. Enhanced functions, such as Slow & Quick Motion (over-crank and under-crank recording), make the PDW-F800 ideal for cinema and TV drama productions, natural history, documentary, sport as well as ENG applications.
- Three 2/3-inch-type Power HAD™ FX CCDs, each with 1920 x 1080 effective pixels
- 14-bit A/D Converter
- Variable Frame Rates from 1 to 60 with over crankling speed of up to 200%
- MPEG HD422 codec switchable at resolutions of either full raster 1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720
- Supports HD/SD recording formats: MPEG HD422, MPEG HD, MPEG IMX, DVCAM
- Wide choice of recording modes: including 25p and 50i recording and playback
- Dual HD/SD-SDI outputs and composite/HD-Y output
- Built-in up-/down-conversion (HD/SD) and cross-conversion (1080/720) system
- Dual-layer (50GB) and single-layer (23.3GB) Professional Disc media support
- FTP client capability: allows file transfer via Ethernet without a PC